Precision Fades, Art, Open Mic Nights, Supper Clubs and Oysters!
Located at 476 Queen Street East in Sault Ste. Marie, ON, this new wine, whiskey and tapas bar is nothing short of extraordinary and just what the city needed.
The food is sensational and the wine and whiskey, well that's a given. The tapas style menu offers a variety of unique and delicious options under $20!
This "social eating" establishment serves food that is made from scratch in-house. Everything from the taco shells (the shrimp tacos are to die for) to the sauces are homemade right in their very own kitchen!
Open daily at 4 pm until 1 am.
Barrelhouse tapas offerings are subject to continuous and frequent change, but here is a sample of what's being served:
- Panko-dusted calamari in a soy and ginger reduction and hot pepper aioli ($10)
- Three pulled pork gyoza including marinated napa cabbage and a sweet and spicy sauce ($6)
- Canadian East Coast oysters in your choice of signature sauce ($9)
- Three shrimp tacos with napa and red cabbage slaw, avocado and mango pico de gallo ($14)
- Three cheeseburger sliders with Canadian aged cheddar, roasted tomato relish, onion and bacon jam ($14)
- Three crab croquettes featuring saffron and roasted garlic aioli ($12)
- Barrelhouse bar mix ($3)
- Duck duo - smoked duck breast slider and duck confit taco ($10)
- Brown sugar beef short ribs with crispy wontowns, roasted cashews and apple slaw ($8)
- Beet carpaccio with feta, dijon aioli and dressed tenders ($7)
- Barrelhouse signature spread (market price)
Get a glimpse of the roaring 20s and dirty 30s with one of the newest business to join the city's downtown: Big Gun's Barbershop. Whether you're looking for a fade, beard grooming or just a new style, Paula D'Agostino's specialized scissor skills have you covered. Big Guns is a men-only traditional barbershop based around nostalgia, manliness, and exceptional hair cuts.
Located in the heart of downtown Sault Ste. Marie just up the street from the main library, men and boys aged 10 and up can enjoy a traditional barbershop atmosphere.
Big Gun's has quickly become a local favourite and worth telling everyone about!
72 East St, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 3C5
Phone: (705) 450-6099
There is parking available for customers at the rear of the building.
This is truly a place where you feel like family, not a customer. John, Rosina, Lori and their team greet everyone with a warm smile, helpful hands and outstanding service.
For 100 years, City Meat Market has been a landmark in downtown Sault Ste. Marie. Over the years the neighbourhood grocery store has continued to offer downtown residents a variety of grocery products and services.
John and Rosina Bruni purchased City Meat Market in 2005 and have established a strong and loyal customer base by listening to and meeting the needs of their customers.
City Meat Market proudly offers:
• An extensive meat department featuring quality meats and competitive prices
• Freshly prepared specialties including meat pies, pasta and fresh breads
• Locally sourced meat, fish, produce and specialty items
• Phone in orders and home delivery
• Event catering
• Wild game processing
What started out as a local diner has evolved in to a community hub for music, food and so much more. The Gore Street Cafe has already celebrated its first anniversary in the community and is going strong.
This cafe, social club and event venue is a creative and unique space offering - open mic nights, music events, a monthly supper club, night markets, and so much more. Visit their events page to find out what's happening at this little local gem and then tell everyone about it!
The Artist's Alcove is a venue for local artists to exhibit their talents as well as providing the availability of their work for sale to art enthusiasts.
This venue was started by Doris Anne Ray and has grown in one year from the first three artists to a total number of 25-29 artists exhibiting. The bulk of the visits occur in the summer time with the tourist season being the highest. The Artist's Alcove has had visitors from numerous countries across the world!
Exhibits include original paintings in Oils, Acrylics, Watercolours, Mixed Media, as well as other specialty artwork such as free style Pottery, Stained Glass, Mosaics, Fused Glass creations of jewellery and functional pieces such as bowls, coasters, etc. The shop exhibits the traditional "Shaker Boxes", Wooden Carvings, Photography, Soap Stone Carvings, Cards, Miniature paintings, magnetic bookmarks, and fridge magnets. Although most of the work is original, some of the artists do have giclée prints of their originals.
Located near the Heritage Square near The Old Stone House and 2 hour free parking in the Heritage Parking Lot next door.
You can also visit The Artist's Alcove at 801 Queen Street East in Sault Ste. Marie, ON, on Facebook and www.artistalcovessm.com or you can give Doris a call at 705-575-7197, she would love to hear from you!