Please note this page may no longer be up to date. For new stories about Northern Ontario visit us here.
You'll Love the New Changes to the Ontario's Sunset Country Travel Guide!
As we delve head-first into another year full of exciting potential, we're excited to share with you some big news regarding the Sunset Country Travel Guide and Map. First and foremost, a brand new shipment of guides has just arrived hot off the printers and are ready to be sent out. This year, however, you may notice something a little bit different.
Last year was a pivotal year for the tourism industry in Northwestern Ontario as many people interested in travel are now moving towards digital over print as means to get their information. We are very fortunate to have had a great collective of fishers, hunters and outdoor enthusiasts alike who have called Sunset Country their home away from home over the passing decades, and we want to continue that momentum for years to come.
For this year's guide, we've reshaped several components to help ease Northern Ontario into a new era of tourism as well as to provide you with the best service to you that we possibly can. The fundamental details of the guide have remained in tact, though now it will be much, much easier to get the information you need.
Moving forward, it's our sincerest ambition to continually make improvements to the services we provide and strive to provide you with the most up to date information regarding tourism in Northwestern Ontario.
That being said, we are pleased to introduce the 2016 Sunset Country Travel Map and Guide and we look forward to seeing you this year!
Out with the old and in with the New
We've made a few impactful decisions with regards to the appearance of the Sunset Guide this year.
Here's what's new at a glance:
- We've exchanged the bright red cover in favour of a darker, more natural tone indicative of Northern Ontario's landscape
- Less clutter on the front page
- A single picture on the front tells you exactly what's in store
- More emphasis on outdoor activities, lodging and communities
We took careful consideration when making adjustments to the guide, and feel as though the new look better represents the core values of Sunset Country. But it's not all about the aesthetics.
We've made several layout changes that is not only easier to navigate, but also gives you a better sense of what you'll experience during your stay.
We've cut out a lot of the fluff from the guide that we felt was masking the true Sunset County experience. The information sections have been compounded and the guide now features an updated glossary so that you can easily find exactly what you're looking for.
Things to look for:
- Each region is now clearly outlined with a brief description of activities and events as well as provides you a list of the major communities in the areas
- Each section includes articles and testimonials as well as tips and tricks from locals on activities such as photography and fishing
- Essential information about what you need for planning your trip; whether you're travelling 10 miles or 1000 - our guide has everything you need to plan your trip
Information on Regional Tourism and Attractions
Much of the information is now sorted by region so you can easily find information on the area you are looking to visit. Although our central theme will always be the great outdoors, our new design has allowed us to better highlight a lot of the activities and events that will be happening throughout the region in 2016.
Our information sections include:
- How to get to Sunset Country
- Information on local shops, restaurants and hangout venues
- Which communities best suite your ideal vacation
- Information on the local outfitters and retailers in the area
- Detailed listings on members and where you can find their information
Refined Member Directory
By far the largest improvement that we made to the travel guide this year is how we provide you with essential information on our outfitters and retailers. We've transformed our member directory so that all the information you need is much easier to find.
Upgrades to the member directory include:
- Picture and short descriptions for each member in Sunset Country
- Symbols and an easy-to-navigate legend to let you know exactly which services are offered
- Members directory is broken down by region and in alphabetical order
- Contact information and details on how to book your stay
We have kept the free pull-out poster size outfitter map that everyone loves so much.
Like Sunset Country on Facebook for more photos and updates of the area.